Friday 1 December 2017

No school today! And as a result, I slept sixteen hours. That's about three times as much as what I get on an average school night. I'm fairly certain that's not normal. Still, no homework at least for this weekend (although I'd better get a move on with doing some revisions). Actually, on second thoughts, I wish we did have some homework so I could get some decent marks for something. Last Wednesday we had a philosophy test and I'm afraid it was a total catastrophe. Besides the actual content, there were two words I put in English ("longing" and "unhealthy") and two words which are non-French ("detrimental" and "monotitude"). I asked the teacher on Thursday if he had the papers with him so I could correct the words, but of course he didn't. Please don't ask where I dug "monotitude" out from. I spent ages racking my brain trying to think whether "monotony" would be monotiné or monotitude, and settled on the latter - when of course it's actually the same as in English. Oh, goodness, what a laughing stock I've made of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment