Friday 20 October 2017

You probably don't want to read an apology on the irregularity of my posts every time I write on here, so I'll try and cut down on that. But twenty days! Sheesh.
School's been good, but history has been quite tough (non-stop talking by the teacher and non-stop note-taking by us) and I'm still struggling with the explication de texte stuff in philosophy, though it's getting better. Now we have a two-week holiday which, while it means no philosophy classes for two weeks, is going to be nice and hopefully restful! Although my granddad and uncle are coming over on Sunday, so we're going to have to do another manic house clean... And considering we've just emptied into our living room a garage we've been renting for the past six years (to store some of our stuff in), that's going to be even more manic than usual.

Two weeks ago I went to England to go to the Open Day at Sussex University. I went on Friday afternoon and came back on Monday, spending the weekend with my grandmother in London. I went all by myself, too, taking the plane on my own for the first time! It was fun being all "grown-up" ;)
The university visit was really fantastic and the course is exactly what I want to do. It was quite strange after two years of school with pretty much no science to be plunged right into a mass of people all talking about the neurobiological and pharmaceutical courses they're looking forward to! Also, when I went to listen to the short talk about the Ecology course, we were only about twenty so it took place in a classroom. You have no idea what it felt like, being in a classroom with a teacher talking English...it was as if I was back at primary school!

Oh, and before I sign off, do you know what I did today? On the way back from the supermarket I wanted to stop and take a photo, but I'd barely taken three steps out of the car when - ouch. In the long, dry grass had been dumped a random plank of wood with at least two flaming great nails in it which went right through my plastic flipflop into my foot. Needless to say, I gave up on taking the photo and hobbled back to the car where, thankfully, we had some plasters. It still really hurts and I can't walk on my foot. What an idiot!


No comments:

Post a Comment