Saturday 4 February 2017

Well, we visited my new school yesterday. I guess it's not too bad, other than the fact that the playground (or whatever it's meant to be called when you're supposedly too old to play) is miniscule and there are zero trees and zero bushes. Not even a flipping blade of grass. Not one. There used to be several big plane trees, but they got rid of them because the roots were damaging the buildings or something. Rotten excuse. I asked, and they said they were probably going to plant some small olive trees, so I hope they do that quickly... 
Nevertheless, I have to say that I preferred my previous school. Besides the fact that the grounds were far nicer, I didn't get a great impression of the few members of staff I met yesterday, whereas I liked all the teachers before. Well, the Head was very nice, and I suppose the others (secretary, etc) were alright, despite their appalling taste in make-up, hair dye and accessories, but I wasn't particularly keen on my French teacher. Oh, I don't know. It doesn't sound very nice saying that. But she made it sound as if French was the only subject I needed to concentrate on, and that I would find it terribly difficult, and generally made a whole load of obvious statements as if I didn't know anything.
And what made it worse was that I kept thinking of the school in Kenya. Utterly superb, with lovely people and lovely grounds, it's simply incomparable...


1 comment:

  1. omg---that sounds like my French teacher in college--who told me I was either very lazy or very stupid! She was so bad she was fired after one semester...

    ReplyDelete