Wednesday 8 March 2017

No posts for two weeks or something. Well, that's school for you. But it's going alright I suppose, except that the majority of my classmates would or are going to vote for the Front National. It's completely mad! In history, even, where we're studying WW2, the teacher says stuff about the Germans for the Germans, people in a time of crisis voting for extremes... And one of my classmates even said she would vote for Le Pen because she is pro "the French for the French". M'ENFIN!

Anyway. I had a test for the baccalaureate yesterday, which was a report and an oral which the others had five months to work on and I had five days, but I don't think it went too badly - although the jury was taking into consideration the fact that I'm English and have just arrived.
So, a quick summary of the teachers and lessons. Spanish is neutral, physics is neutral...actually I've just realised that pretty much everything is neutral except English and P.E., which I haven't done yet (absent teacher in the first case, and I absent me in the latter case) and history-geography, which I look forward to. Science would be good, but the teacher doesn't seem to teach us the lesson but rather goes off on a random topic which, last time at least, was totally illogical and made me rather peeved. The French lesson is interesting, but the teacher is roughly on par with the boringess of the one in Kenya. But it's ok provided you interact a lot.

And just to add that I'm turning eighteen tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! It's unbelievable how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know, it's completely mad!

      Delete