Thursday 31 August 2017

At last, a nice grey day! It rained last night, too; the red pine trees and green plants are saturated with water and have lovely, vibrant colours. Provided the clouds stay, I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow and going to the lake-pond-thing. Last time I was there there were also some pretty purple flowers which will hopefully still be around. Now I'm just spending the last days of the holiday brushing up on my Spanish, getting my books ready; stuff like that. I'm also trying to back up all my photographs on Flickr, which is taking a while! 15,000 backed up so far, and that's only my current hard drive (which isn't full) and about half of my last one.

I saw Mathilda the hedgehog again a few nights ago, and she seems to understand now that we're not a threat, as she lets me pick her up without curling into a ball. So sweet :) I've also got a pet shrew (called Thomasina) which my sister fished out of the swimming pool about a week ago now. It's hard work getting enough food for her, as shrews eat their body weight in insects every day! There are no spiders left in the house (except three with egg sacks which I've spared), and the cricket and grasshopper populations have suffered a severe blow. But Thomsina is really cute and friendly, I hope I'll be able to keep her even when school starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment