Monday 18 September 2017

What an exhausting weekend! And I must admit my sister and I were spared quite a lot of it.
First, some context. We rent two places where we store some of our stuff; one about twenty minutes away, and the other in the Aveyron, not far from a small old building we own, which was previously used to store hay and cows in the winter. I think I must have mentioned it before. It's a very camping-like situation. We do have running water and normally have electricity, but EDF somehow made a mistake and cut it off. Not that we have any heaters there, so it's very cold - and it was raining, too, this time. But it's a beautiful area with woods and hills, fog after the rain and all sorts of animals. 

But this time did we get to experience any of that, except from the car window as we drove along? No. Why? Because, wanting to clear out of the storage place closest to us, because it's too expensive, my parents decided to use this weekend to make some room at the other place, and we had to help non-stop. It was cold, tiring and very boring. And there was fog, but I couldn't photograph it because M&D wouldn't stop the car :( plus we did see some salamanders, late last night, dotted all over the road after the rain. Eight of them! Dad stopped the car and I picked up two, which I released near our "house". My sister named them Gilbert and Sullivan!
We got back home around 9.30 this morning, half an hour before Dad was due to get in a taxi bound for the bus stop so he could catch the plane to England - and he hadn't even packed. He managed to get off alright, thankfully, but needless to say my sister and I missed our school bus. I was very annoyed about it at 3am while M&D were still sorting boxes, but now - nearly twelve hours later - I'm glad to be able to just relax at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment